In the face of an unplanned pregnancy, many people decide to parent their child.
Even in the best of circumstances, parenting can be overwhelming. Choosing to continue your pregnancy and become a parent can be challenging, but you may still have questions about it and wonder if you might be able to make it work.
Although the timing and your current situation may not be what you pictured, your pregnancy still offers you the opportunity to experience the joy of becoming a parent.
If you are considering parenting, please call or make an appointment. We can help you think through this option and consider things like:
- I want to have the baby, but I’m scared about how it might change my life.
- My boyfriend doesn’t want the baby, but I do.
- (For Men) My girlfriend doesn’t want the baby but I do.
- My parents will be upset if they find out I’m pregnant.
- I want to have the baby, but I can’t afford it.
- I don’t have any insurance coverage.
- I want a baby, but not right now.
- I need to finish school.
Caring for a new life is a big responsibility, but with the support of caring people, parenting classes, & other parenting resources, many women and families find the help they need be successful in this choice.
Whether parenting as a single parent or with your partner, Life Options offers free parenting support services designed to assist you in this option. Our Parenting Support Program is available to you during your pregnancy and until your baby reaches 12 months of age.
For more info about our Parenting Support Programs, click here.